As seen on Live With Lovely IGTV
1/2 c unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 c white granulated sugar
1/4 c light brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
1 c milk
2 1/2 c a.p. flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cardamom
1/2 tsp salt
1 c powdered sugar
2-3 T blood orange juice
2/3 tsp rose water
Using a stand or hand mixer, beat together the butter and both sugars until light and creamy. (About 5 min)
While the butter mixture is working, whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour the vanilla into your measured milk, set aside with the flour mixture.
With the stand mixer on low, add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Keep the stand mixer on low and add in half of the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Pour in half of the milk mixture and beat until just combined.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl then repeat with the remaining flour and milk mixture.
Pour batter into a piping bag and pipe batter into a greased donut pan.
Place into a preheated 350° oven for 10-12 minutes. Let the donuts cool in the donut pan for about 5-7 minutes, then take the donuts out of the donut pan and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Whisk together all three ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl until completely smooth. Once the donuts are completely cool, dip each donut into the glaze. Gently raise the donut out of the glaze allowing the extra glaze to drizzle back into the bowl. Garnish with edible dried rose petals and crushed pistachios. Enjoy!
C.L.T.’s (Chef Lovely Tip)
- Use a cooking oil spray to grease your donut pan. It should be a neutral oil like canola, grape seed, or coconut.
- Start the glaze with 2 tablespoons of blood orange juice. Add in the remaining to adjust the consistency.
- You can use just about any flavorful liquid for the glaze. Things like milk, pineapple juice, and pomegranate juice will work.
- Your garnishes can be whatever you love! Be creative and have fun. Some of my favorite garnishes are pretzels, bacon, sprinkles, pecans, and strawberries.
- You can also glaze your donuts with melted chocolate. Delish!